Inform Us of a Maintenance Issue
Before completing the maintenance request form below, please read this trouble shooting guide. Completing these steps can save you money! Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform routine maintenance task as outlined below:
- Smoke Detector or Carbon Monoxide Detector won't work when tested: Test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel or replace blown fuses. Check and reset all GFI outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch, try using a different outlet.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an allen wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test. Repeat until the object is removed.
- No hot water: Check thermostat on tank for proper temperature setting. Check that thermostat is not set to "vacation". Check and reset breaker in power panel. Check and reset button next to thermostat.
- Water is too hot: Check thermostat on tank and turn down.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify Assured Management immediately
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Check that furnace covers are properly installed. Check and reset the breaker for the furnace. Check that a switch that looks like an ordinary light switch is turned on (located in or near the furnace room). Did you pay your utilities or issue an order to disconnect the utility?
- Dishwasher won't drain or isn't cleaning well: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher and/or try selecting hottest water setting, use powdered dishwashing soap, run hot water in the sink so the dishwasher starts with hot water, fill the rinse additive compartment and check to see if the food tray needs to be cleaned or emptied. Try using the internet to trouble shoot problems for non-working appliance.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. Try resetting the floater. The floater is under the bottom rack toward the front, it looks like a tiny upside down bowl. Try moving the floater up and down. If the problem continues, fill out and submit the form below. Try using the internet to trouble shoot problems for non-working appliance.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly. Vacuum the back coil/grill. Try using the internet to trouble shoot problems for non-working appliance.
- Water drips from freezer to refrigerator compartment: Remove all food and store in a cooler. Turn off refrigerator and allow to defrost. Turn refrigerator back on and replace food.
- No Air Conditioning: Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test. Turn off for 24 hours (this helps if temperature was set too low and ice has formed inside the unit). Confirm that weeds, long grass, brush is cleared away from air intake.
- No Electricity: Check all breakers, flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position, and check all GFI in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry room, and garage. Replace any blown fuses. Call Xcel Energy 1-800-895-4999.
- Stove not working: Check breaker, flip it hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position. Unplug and plug back in. Burning smell or burners not working after cleaning, use a q-tip in the burner receptacle to remove any debris or cleaning product that may be there. Oven not working, make sure the timer is not set OR set to cleaning mode. Try using the internet to trouble shoot problems for non-working appliance.
- How to Light a Gas Fireplace: Click here to read tips from Lennox.
- Garage door opener not working correctly: Change the batteries in the remotes. Check the placement and cleanliness of the photo eyes. The photo eyes are generally located on both of the door tracks near the floor and are easy to knock against when entering or exiting. Adjust the eyes until both units have steady lights. Dust and cobwebs can cause the eyes not to send or receive signals.
- How to Operate a Whole House Fan: Click here to read tips from Mr. Mechanical, Inc
Emergencies such as backed up plumbing, flooding, call the afterhours emergency service 720-575-7338.
A maintenance emergency is uncontrolled running water, no heat, sewer line blockage or electrical sparking. The locations of the breaker box, main water shut off and furnace shut off are listed in the lease agreement or the move in condition report. We cannot issue a work order after hours or on the weekends for appliance repair or a non-emergency repair.